Pages

2010/05/07

Great Advice

When my twins, Kevin and Kyle went off to college a couple of years ago, I was devastated. I hadn't realized how much my happiness was tied into theirs. In a way, I had to "find" myself again. Not Bianca the mother, wife, sister, or daughter, but that fearless firecracker I had always been. During the past two years, there have been people and things that have been pivotal in my growing process. One of them was the book, The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho. That book is the reason why I write under my blog title..."on a journey to fulfill my personal legend". We all have one, but sometimes we get distracted or think those dreams we have are unattainable or childish whims. This book helped remind me that they aren't. Another beautiful piece of advice came from the movie, "Benjamin Button". I'm attaching the link because it's so moving. If you want to view it, just click on the blog title, "Great Advice".

1 comment:

  1. Bianca,
    I am so happy you created this blog so that I will be able to be connected to you as your personal legend is revealed in preparation, during, and after your visit to India. Hey, if you get lost in the mountains of northern India, then I may have to join Kevin to come and find you!! Connected we always are!
    Ani

    ReplyDelete