Pages

2010/05/25

India

Today was an Indian day.  Dr. Girish Kaul reached out to the 2010 participants, providing us with our itineraries, plus the names of the hotels we would be staying at.  In addition, we have been given the names and personal information of the 2009 Fulbright-Hays Seminar Participants.  I have already reached out to them with pressing questions like:

1)  How often do we get to wash clothes?
2)  Are we allowed to wear short sleeve t-shirts? loose-fitting jeans?
3)  How many dressy outfits do we need?
4)  Are we going to get to go on any hikes into nature?

Can you imagine?  It's a little embarrassing.  Look I can be as academic as the next guy/gal, but I'm from MIAMI, FL., we have to look good, too!  Anyway, in an effort to redeem myself, I've included a link to a really cool site on India. It's got a cool vibe to it.  Once you're there, click on gallery to view beautiful pictures and some short, artsy videos.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/india


In addition, we received an Orientation Handbook, jam-packed with important information that we will need.

I also got my wish.  We will be staying in Shimla for three days.  Does that mean I have to "roll" myself to the next city in gratitude?  Check out the link to see what I mean.
One of the cities we will be visiting is Jaipur.  I came across a picture of a magnificent, floating palace.

3 comments:

  1. Girl,
    I hate to disappoint you, but that Floating Palace was surround by dry dirt when I went to Jaipur July 2007...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,
    I found out that the picture is of the floating palace in Udaipur. They've actually converted it into a hotel. Check out the link. It's stunning. The rooms are $400.00! Oh well, I guess we have another reason to go back to India with our significant others!!!

    http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll/qscr=dspv/htid=526333/crti=4/hotel-pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I see there are at least TWO floating palaces in India. Yep, the one you have pictured here is in Udaipur. The one I tried to see is in Jaipur at http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Floating_palace_Jaipur_India.jpg
    Both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete